The young people that God has blessed us with are the ones we will look to one day to carry the torch of the gospel that we were once given. They may not do things they way we would, they may not have the experience or wisdom that God has moulded in us over the years. But it is they that God is calling to take the good news of Jesus where we can’t; into the future. If there is any heritage we can leave our world it is to encourage and build up godliness in our young people, to instill in them the lessons that God has taught us and allow them to learn for themselves the wonder of a living relationship with God Almighty.
If you’re a parent never forget the awesome responsibility God has given you to teach your children, make the most of the programs we run at church for your children and supplement them with your own personal discipling, there is no greater inheritance you can give your children. Secular parents will go to enormous efforts to make sure their kids learn an instrument or get the best schooling. but what your child understands about eternity and the God who made them is far more crucial.
Please pray for our young people, our youth leaders, parents and Mike as he oversees the ministry, and pray for the enormous number of young people in our community and beyond it who are currently without God and without hope.
- Ps. 71:5 For you are my hope; O Lord GOD, you are my confidence from my youth.
- Ps. 71:17 O God, you have taught me from my youth; And I still declare your wondrous deeds.
- Ps. 110:3 Your people will volunteer freely in the day of your power; In holy array, from the womb of the dawn, your youth are to you as the dew.
- Ps. 127:4 Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one’s youth.
- Ps. 144:12 Let our sons in their youth be as grown-up plants, And our daughters as corner pillars fashioned as for a palace;
- Eccl. 12:1 Remember also your Creator in the days of your youth, before the evil days come and the years draw near when you will say, “I have no delight in them”;