A few weeks ago we appointed a range of leaders for our church for Parish Council and other important roles. In addition to the people you elected to Council, I have asked Helen McNab and John Cooper to join the team as my appointees. Council has now had its first meeting and things are well under way. The council meets every second month and in the alternate month councillors are part of Ministry Teams that meet and discuss ways we can improve our ministry to one another and our community.
The ministry teams are ‘teams’ and not committees, as they are made up of the people who are involved in the ministries and so can strategise about what God has called them to do. The portfolios of the various teams are structured in line with our vision statement to ‘Worship God, Grow in Christ, Share the love of Jesus in the power of the Holy Spirit, looking to the Lord’s return.’ To manage that we have six teams, three key pillars and three supporting foundations, to the work:
- ‘Public Gatherings’, formally ‘PPP’ to oversees our Worship in Church. (yet to meet and appoint a leader);
- Discipling: to look at how we can grow in Christ. (chaired by Sue Stones) ;
- Outreach: to develops our sharing the love of Jesus. (yet to meet and appoint a leader);
and foundational to and facilitating those ministries are:
- Administration: to coordinate communication and manage matters like work, health and safety. (yet to meet and appoint a leader);
- Finance: to enable us to be good stewards of what God blesses us with (chaired by Kristen Burke);
- Property: to ensure we have the needed resources to do ministry (chaired by John Cooper).
A wide range of people are involved in these teams serving us sacrificially, so we can achieve the mission God has given us. As you can see there are still a couple of holes to fill. Please pray that God may guide those in these teams and that leaders will be raised up to facilitate these important ministries.
“A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other.” (1 Corinthians 12:7)