Anglicare offers a range of service in Katoomba in partnership with St Hildas Anglican Church.
- Phone: 02 4782 9318
- Office house: Tuesdays to Fridays 10 am to 1 pm.
- Location: St Hildas Reception, 68 Katoomba Street, Katoomba
- Find Us: The reception is located at the back of the building. Go down the driveway, to the glass doors just before the car park. Ring the doorbell for attention.
I would encourage you to make use of these services and let people know they are available. As God’s people we have the privilege of caring for those in need and this facility will greatly enhance our ability to do that.
‘Which of these do you think proved to be a neighbor to the man who fell into the robbers’ hands?’ He said, ‘The one who showed mercy toward him.’ Then Jesus said to him, ‘Go and do the same.’ (Luke 10:36–37)
Food and Financial Assistance:
Anglicare can help anyone in need with food. Those who turn up at the St Hildas reception can receive a small food parcel. Make an appointment for more help with food.
Depending on individual circumstances the assistance we are able to provide for those in financial crisis includes food parcels, vouchers, help with utility bills, household items or clothing. Our assistance is based on individual assessment. Ring 4782 9318 for an appointment.
Counselling and Relationship services:
Anglicare offer counselling services through St Hildas with a very experienced counsellor. Counselling is available on Wednesdays by appointment only. Ring 4782 9318 for an appointment.
Throughout life, everyone is presented with challenges, stress and anxiety. Professional counselling can be of great assistance.
Common benefits of counselling include:
- Improved Communication
- Enhanced Family Functioning
- Relationship Enrichment
- Better Emotional and Mental health
- Improved Parenting Skills
- Enhanced self-awareness
- Smoother Life transitions e.g. Separation and Divorce, Loss and Grief, Work Changes
Anglicare Counselling is available to all people regardless of culture, beliefs or lifestyle: to individuals, couples, families, children and adolescents.
Fees are charged for counselling based on a person’s income however no one will be refused service because of an inability to pay.